GROUNDBREAKING CEREMONY, NOVEMBER 29TH, 2016
On behalf of the Morning Star team, we would like to thank those that came out to celebrate with us. What an amazing and joyous occasion for everyone who has worked so hard to conceptualize and shape what was once just a dream. Our success in adding a Morning Star High School program is inspiring and critically needed – an exciting milestone in our 60 year history of teaching children with disabilities. As we commemorate the groundbreaking for our new building, we celebrated among friends. Friends who share our vision for the future of Morning Star School. Friends who recognize the unique role that Morning Star plays in educating our students. Friends who have stepped up to expand their levels of support to help make this dream come true.
Like the leaders and builders before us, the project we celebrate has required leadership, foresight, careful planning and philanthropy – and has been many years in the making! And while we did break ground, this project is far from complete. Over the next 9 months, as construction continues, we will need to raise more funds to reach our capital campaign goal of $1.5M. Your continued support in helping us reach our goal is needed and appreciated. Your participation empowers Morning Star School to light the way forward for a new generation of high school graduates.
THANK YOU VERY SPECIAL FRIENDS…
- Bishop Estévez and Deacon Scott Conway, Superintendent of Catholic Schools, for leading our ceremony, and for their unwavering support.
- To Father Houle, Father Mark, and Father Boddie for their kindness, encouragement and spiritual guidance.
- Mr. Lou Walsh, Mr. Jay Demetree and Mr. Bob Shircliff for their expertise, advice and generosity. These three gentlemen represent a dauntless willingness to help overcome the challenges we face.
- To the Neviaser Foundation for their generosity in giving to our campaign. They are, and have been, great supporters of Morning Star. We were grateful to have Nancy Baker attend our ceremony.
- To JoAnn Leskanic and Jamie Terry. Two strong, smart women who continue to give their time and talents through their willingness to step up and work with us on our many fundraising initiatives.
- The Knights of Columbus for their commitment to life, to persons with disabilities, and to Morning Star School.
- Kasper Architecture and Scherer Construction for our beautiful design work, and for making the construction process as painless as possible.
- The many Diocesan parishes and schools who continue to give generously to help us build a brighter future.
- To the Morning Star family… pledges continue to come in from parents, board members and staff. I am humbled to have the opportunity to thank you for all you do every day for our incredible kids.
We look forward to another celebration upon the successful completion of this project, and to cutting the ribbon together in August of 2017! On behalf of my entire team, I would like to extend our gratitude.God Bless You and God Bless Morning Star School.
THANKS TO MANY GENEROUS DONORS ARE SCHOOL IS GROWING…