Due to COVID-19 and CDC social distancing guidelines we made a very tough decision to cancel our 2020 Gala & Auction. The annual Gala is our largest fundraiser and a celebration among friends. Friends that come together to ensure Morning Star School has the funds it needs to serve children who attend our special education school. Last year’s Gala and Auction raised almost $80,000. These funds are crucial to our operating budget. They help offset expenses that tuition alone does not cover and many other needed items that the school just cannot afford.
We may not be able to celebrate together, but we can still come together to make a difference!
As we look ahead, we are faced with an extremely challenging school year – and we need your help. If you attended or donated towards our gala in past years, please consider supporting us again this school year as an “angel sponsor”. Your donation, no matter the amount, will help us make up some of the money we desperately need due to canceling our gala.
Here are some of the reasons we need your help…
- We spent a considerable portion of our yearly operating budget on technology programs and on-line curriculum to enable remote learning.
- Even though one third of our students are learning from home, and we have much fewer students at school, we kept our after-school program open to help working parents. It is an expensive program to maintain if not at capacity.
- We incurred many unexpected expenses for needed safety items such as enclosing our front office entrance, cleaning stations, and buying needed sanitizing equipment to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
- We hired additional personnel to sanitize our school and will continue to incur unplanned expenses to follow CDC sanitation protocals.
- Our teachers work extended hours to keep their classrooms sanitized but they are not able to purchase needed items due to a limited budget.
- Morning Star School is not subsidized by any Parish.
If you can help us, please mail your donation to the school at 725 Mickler Road, Jacksonville, FL 32211 or click the donate button at the top right-hand side of this page to make an online donation.
Thank you again for your past support and for any help you can provide this school year. We pray you and your family stay safe and healthy. We are all in this together!
Director of Development