Rooted in the Gospel and strengthened by the sacraments, the mission of Morning Star School is to provide a unique, inspiring education empowering students with learning differences to achieve their full potential.
As a result of our Mission, the community of Morning Star School believes:
- Each student is valued as a unique child of God in his or her social, emotional, physical, behavioral, spiritual, and academic needs.
- We must foster acceptance of self and others as we help students develop and share their unique gifts.
- Each student learns in a variety of ways and should be provided with accommodations to materials, methods, instruction, and assessment according to their individual needs.
- Christian formation is at the heart of a Catholic education.
- A safe and nurturing learning environment is essential for student growth and learning.
- A respectful partnership among parents, teachers, students, and the school community is essential for success.
- Through a sense of individual responsibility and global awareness, students must be empowered to become active and effective participants in today’s world.
Morning Star School, under the Office of the Superintendent of the Diocese of St. Augustine, is fully accredited by the Florida Catholic Conference (https://eas-ed.org/morning-star-schools). Accreditation assures financial stability, safety, qualified teachers, sound curriculum, strong leadership, and continual improvement.
Every Florida Catholic Conference accredited school must:
- Complete an annual report (ARCA)
- Participate in a third year review
- Complete a self-study each accreditation cycle (CIPA)
- Host an accreditation visitation each cycle
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to LOVE learning. This is one thing I have seen at Morning Star school and am very thankful for.”